Who is Nomad?
Nomad launched on Kickstarter in 2012 with our first product, ChargeCard, a portable USB cable the size and shape of a credit card. We haven't stopped innovating in portable power since. Our new Apple Watch and iPhone products showcase the evolution of Nomad into a truly multi category company, embracing many types of materials to reach our design goals. One thing that hasn't changed about us is our uncompromising commitment to absolute portability in designing essential tools for the modern Nomad.
The Work Environment
We're a small team of 13 people (+ a couple remote team members) working out of a funky, but cool, office in the heart of the downtown Santa Barbara just off State St. Although we maintain a relatively casual work environment; we are focused, dedicated, and hardworking. We're looking for someone who can come in and be trained and learn quickly and vibe well overall with the rest of the team! Specific industry experience is not necessary (though it is of course welcome), rather you'll need an energy for hands on learning, a computer-savvy background and the ability to take true ownership over your responsibilities.
We asked our team what their favorite works perks were to give you a better idea:
- Room to grow and take on responsibility. Lead projects.
- Attend cool events, like CES
- Work directly with core team (not a lot of bureaucratic red tape around here)
- Work with a fun team in beautiful Santa Barbara
- Frequent team meals and seltzer water and ebikes
- Snacks, coffee
- World class location in downtown SB, an awesome team, every day is casual friday dress
- Learn every single day (on every aspect)
- Trusting team
- International & cross-cultural business experience
- Access to fun, new tech accessories
- Employees have active lifestyle
- Integrated systems make problem solving quick
- Ability to be yourself in an accepting, supportive work environment.
We are looking to hire a full-time Product Manager to work closely with our factories in China and to oversee all product development and manufacturing. As a Product Manager you will be in charge of making sure everything on the product development side runs smoothly. From the initial design and idealization of new products to physical manufacturing, you will be in charge of communicating with factories and engineers to ensure consistency and quality. Additionally, you will manage all product registration for various legal certifications and requirements.
The ideal candidate is eager and ready to learn. You will have a significant role in the direction of Nomad, and you will be have significant responsibilities starting day one. As we expand our product line, we need someone to help keep things organized while we push new products along. Nomad maintains a relaxed work environment, but it is a fast paced company and we are expanding quickly. While it is not required, knowledge of Mandarin is definitely a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.